Developing a Healthy Mouth and Smile
Dr. Stephen Walters is a Board Certified Periodontist. He provides gentle, thorough care, which restores oral health and helps a patient feel better about their smile. Always focusing on each person’s unique clinical needs and personal concerns, Dr. Walters develops individual treatment plans and reviews them with his patient before starting any treatment.
Understanding that periodontal and dental implant care involves a partnership between the doctor and the patient, Dr. Walters fosters open and honest communication. He enjoys the conversations he has with his patients and is honored by the trust they place in him to improve their dental health.
Education and Continuing Education
- Undergraduate degree, Western Kentucky University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine, University of Louisville
- Surgical Residency in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, University of Louisville
- Periodontal and Implant Associate training, Wichita, Kansas
- Fellowship, Advanced Dental Implant Center, Kentucky
In addition to his years of graduate and post-graduate schooling and training, Dr. Walters knows that oral healthcare is a constantly changing field. His patients trust he will provide them with access to the best technology and treatment options. By pursuing continuing education, Dr. Walters ensures that he’s able to exceed his patients’ expectations.
Dr. Walters, the son of David and Jan Walters, is a native of eastern Kentucky. He has two older brothers and an older sister, as well.